Who We Are
The Connect Blue Line Now! Coalition is a group of city leaders from Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, and Robbinsdale who are united in making sure the Blue Line Light Rail Transit (LRT) Extension project becomes a reality for the northwest metropolitan area and the region.
While the coalition advocates primarily on behalf of the Blue Line Extension project, we believe this is one piece of a larger transit system. We support the build out of a robust transit system throughout the Twin Cities Metro. Having a health transportation system is one of the most effective ways to promote development and improve quality of life for the region’s residents.
- Support the build out of a robust regional transit system, including the development of the Green Line Extension LRT project and other high frequency transit routes
- Communicate with decision-makers in Hennepin County, the State of Minnesota and Washington D.C. about the benefits of the Blue Line Extension
- Ensure that federal dollars will be granted to fund the project through lobbying practices
- Give local decision-makers, community organizations, and residents common language to use while talking about the BLRT project and its benefits to the communities in the Northwest Metro
Why We Believe In LRT
- Promote private investment throughout the region to strengthen and stabilize local economies
- Increase access and mobility within the region, providing critical connects to jobs, housing, and education and entertainment opportunities
- Improve health equity outcomes and quality of life for communities served by the train, which includes neighborhoods with racially concentrated areas of poverty